Renovating your home (or even building a new one) is something that will satisfy you greatly – that’s something nobody can deny. You get the chance to invest in your property, you get the chance to increase its value and, maybe even more importantly, you get the chance to live in a home that looks genuinely nice.
And yet, building, remodelling and renovating projects come with a downfall: the mess that is left behind. Builders dust can be extremely annoying and getting rid of it may sometimes feel like an impossible task as well. But, in the end, this is something you have to do and something that can be done if you keep a few basic tips in mind. In this spirit, we have gathered the very best builders cleaning tips out there. Read on and keep them in mind.
1. It all starts with keeping the mess at a minimum. Cleaning the builders dust does not start the moment your project is over, but actually throughout the project itself. For instance, you will have to keep your rooms as well ventilated as possible because this will prevent the builders dust from gathering in huge amounts. Furthermore, you should also keep in mind that you should swipe each room at the end of each day the project is still worked on. Again, this will prevent too much dust from gathering up.
2. Once everything is done, you will have to take care of the mess that is left behind. Even if you do try to maintain everything as clean as possible throughout the development of the project, there’s still quite a large chance that your rooms will not be as clean as you would want them to be. Swiping the floors will help you gather quite a large percentage of the dust, but it will also move the dust around the room. What you need to do at this point is make sure that you vacuum every single corner of your house. Keep in mind that, even with a fairly good vacuum cleaner, you will still have to use it 2, 3 or maybe even 4 times on the same spots if you want all the dust removed. The best types of vacuum to use with this kind of task are the so-called “HEPA” ones (High Efficiency Particulate Air). Furthermore, don’t forget about vacuuming the windowsills as well by using the smaller hose attachments that come with your vacuum.
3. Your walls will probably be covered in builders dust too. To make sure that they are clean, simply take a damp cloth and use it to gently wipe off the dust from the walls. Don’t insist too much because you will not want to take the paint off!
4. Mopping is something you have to do as well. However, always keep in mind the fact that this should be done only after vacuuming the entire place. Use whatever cleaning products you want, but do remember that you will most likely have to do it more than once because smudges may be left on the floor.
5. Be very patient. Builders cleaning is not something that can be done in one day. In fact, it may take a couple of months of repeating the same steps until you finally get rid of all the dust gathered in your home.
6. If you feel like you cannot manage to do this on your own, do not hesitate to call for help. There are many cleaning agencies out there that will be more than able to help you with the builders cleaning!
How to Use Washing Up Liquid in Your House Many people are unaware of the...Read more
How to Deep Clean Your Home If you are currently thinking about the idea of...Read more
Best Cleaning Advice for Delicate and Antique Rugs Delicate or antique rugs...Read more