So it’s time to move out of your home, you have done the exiting part of signing your new lease and have your stuff packed up ready to move. However the dreaded move out clean has been looming over your mind for weeks and you don’t know whether to just pick up the phone and call in some cleaning professionals as your landlord has requested, or whether you should save the money to spend on something in your new home. Here are a few tips on how you can get started yourself.
• Give yourself time. Oven cleaning, upholstery cleaning and bathroom cleaning all take time. If you want to get a really good job done that looks as though it has been done by an expert then you will just need to give yourself some time. You can make a clean look professional with just a bucket and cloth if you have to, as long as you have a whole day to do it. So plan ahead and don’t leave things until the last minute. Or you may have no other choice than to call a cleaning agency.
• Use some elbow grease. You will probably have enough tools left over from your move to do a really good clean. But one thing you can only provide yourself is a bit of hard work. An old toothbrush, dishcloth, sponge or stiff brush are all going to be great for your clean. Leaving things to soak can be good to loosen grime slightly but you are always going to need to put your back into it. Notice the difference that occurs if you put a bit of extra work into it. You will soon see that the results are completely worth it.
• Go for the toughest rooms first. A kitchen clean, bathroom clean, or any larger rooms should be done first. As you get a bit tired towards the end of the clean then it’s a good idea to make sure you have got the hard bits out of the way. If you just have a bit of dusting, wiping or vacuuming left then you will be more likely to want to continue and will be well on the way to finishing and getting your deposit back.
• Make it fun. Get friends involved, have drinks and snacks handy. If you offer to help any friends with their future cleans then they will be more inclined to help you. All that dirt will seem like lighter work if there is a few of you to get scrubbing, twice, or three times the elbow grease and you will see amazing results.
• Get the music on and try to enjoy yourself. Seeing a clean as a workout and the next step to feeling settled again will be fantastic to get you in the mood. Make sure you leave a radio or stereo behind for your cleaning work. Music can really help lift your mood and will make your friends more likely to get involved.
• Have a competition. Or a bet on the best room. You could even bring some prizes to hand out for whoever has completed the best job. Making a game of things will motivate everyone and ensure they are doing a great job.
There are some boring and serious parts to a good deep clean, but it doesn’t mean you have to follow those rules. As long as you are realistic about the work and what you have to put into it, then there is no reason why you can’t go on to enjoy yourself.
Hints and Tips for Effective Home Cleaning With lots to do and not a lot of...Read more
Signs That Indicate a Good Cleaning Company When it comes to hiring a...Read more
How to Choose the Right Cleaning Service If you are looking into home...Read more